Dr. Roxanne L. Ratner
In the clinic Dr. Ratner enjoys taking the time to ensure our clients completely understand their pet’s diagnosis and feel confident in making decisions about care and treatment. She loves ophthalmic surgery of all varieties, with a particular emphasis on eyelid surgery, corneal surgery, and lens removal (cataract surgery). Her other professional interests include Feline Ophthalmology and Ocular manifestations of systemic disease, with a budding interest in Exotic Species Ophthalmology.
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists
- Residency, Veterinary Ophthalmology, Animal Ophthalmology Clinic, Dallas
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, Pittsburgh Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Center, Pittsburgh
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Ohio State University, Columbus
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma
In her free time Dr. Ratner loves traveling and exploring with her husband and daughter, as well as cooking and gardening right here at home. Dr. Ratner has over 20 fruit trees in a backyard orchard. She also volunteers as the advising veterinarian for a local cat rescue organization. The rest of her time and money is spent on her off-the-track thoroughbred Artemis, and her three cats Baker, Cupcake, and Macadamia.
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Ophthalmologists